About a year ago, I discovered my love for sesame oil. I love it. It makes me sad that I had never tried it earlier. I could have been living a whole life full of sesame oil. Anyway…this recipe brings together my favorite things: noodles, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Man I love Asian noodle dishes; I could live off Asian noodle dishes. This one is one of my favorites, and I make it all the time. The flavors are just so amazing! But I won’t waste time talking about it, let’s just get right to the recipe!
What you’ll need:
(As with a lot of my recipes, I made this just for myself so these amounts are only for one serving)
- about 4-6 oz brown rice spaghetti
- little handful of carrots
- little handful of broccoli slaw
- 1-2 thin slices of onion, diced
- 3-4 sliced of zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 green onion, sliced
- about 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- about 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil (use more or less, depending on your love for sesame oil)
- as much soy sauce as your heart desires (which for me, is a lot)
- feel free to add any protein you like—I’ve used chicken which is really good in this
- sesame seeds for topping
How to make it:
- Cook your pasta according to the package.
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a wok or pan. When it’s hot, add your veggies (excluding the green onions and garlic) and cook until soft (if you’d like, you can add a little soy sauce to the veggies for it to absorb the flavor). Make sure you don’t start this step too early, otherwise you might overcook your veggies while you’re waiting for the pasta to be done (yes, I know this from experience). Just plan your time wisely so your veggies and pasta are done at about the same time.
- Once your pasta is cooked and drained, add the garlic and green onions to the wok and sauté for another minute or so. Then, add your pasta to all your veggies and add as much sesame oil and soy sauce as desired.
- Put it into a bowl, top with sesame seeds, and enjoy!
This recipe is so yummy. It’s definitely one of my go-to meals, and it’s so easy! It’s one more pasta recipe in my pasta arsenal (which, by the way, is very full). For having such simple ingredients, this dish packs a whole lot of delicious flavor. And as usual, feel free to personalize as you like and use different veggies and proteins. I’m so happy that me and sesame oil were brought together. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 🙂