What a surprise, Anna’s writing another recipe post for a pasta dish. I can’t help it, I have a problem. Some part of me must be Italian. That would make a lot of sense. Anyway, one of my favorite meals to order at Italian restaurants is linguine with clam sauce. It just tastes so fresh and delicious. So I decided that I wanted to make it for myself! The flavorful, brothy sauce, the chewy clams, perfectly cooked pasta…soooo delicious! Full disclosure: I got this recipe off the side of a can of Bumble Bee chopped clams and made just a few changes.
What you’ll need:
- 12 oz brown rice spaghetti
- two 6.5 oz cans of chopped clams, drained, reserving liquid
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used a garlic press)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- one 8 oz bottle of clam juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (plus a little extra for topping if you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- a little bit of pepper to taste
- shredded or grated parmesan for topping (optional)
How to make it:
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large pan, heat your oil and add your garlic until brown and tender.
- Put your reserved clam liquid, bottle of clam juice, parsley, basil, and pepper in the pan. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add your clams to your pan (these are already cooked so you just have to get them nice and warm).
- Toss your cooked and drained pasta in the pan with the sauce, then scoop it into a bowl (make sure you get plenty of that delicious sauce in there!) and top it with as much parmesan and extra parsley as you please!
This was so amazing, and also really simple! We appreciate a quick, easy recipe in my house. My cat also appreciated this meal because it meant she got to eat some clams. This tasted exactly like I was sitting in an authentic Italian restaurant eating dinner. Pair it with your favorite gluten free bread, baguette, or breadstick (I like Chebe’s Breadstick Mix, review coming soon!) to soak up all that delicious sauce and you’re set! 🙂