It’s Superbowl Sunday! For some people, they may be getting excited for the big game. For me, I’m getting excited for all the food I’m going to eat tonight. In fact, the only games I care about today are the Kitten Bowl and the Puppy Bowl (because who wouldn’t love watching cute little fluffy animals run around a tiny football field?) Unfortunately this year, I will not be making this dip because I’m trying to eat healthy (a good-in-the-long-run but sad-right-now decision). But that doesn’t mean you all can’t enjoy this delicious dip! Here you can see our Superbowl setup from last year, featuring the buffalo dip right in the front, as well as nachos, shrimp cocktail, a veggie platter and more:
And yes, this was just for me, my mom, and my dad. We’re hungry people.
This idea actually came from a recipe for buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers, but instead of stuffing jalapeños with the mixture, I just put it in a bowl and made it a dip. So here’s how you make it!
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of bleu cheese dressing (I don’t like bleu cheese so I use ranch dressing)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 12.5 oz can of chicken, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Put all ingredients in a bowl (reserve 1/2 cup of Mozzarella for topping) and combine well. Make sure you break up all the cream cheese, otherwise you’ll have big chunks of it in the dip and, I don’t know about you, but I don’t want that.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until brown (if you’re in a hurry or you’re just impatient like me you can just bake it for a couple minutes and then broil it the rest of the way until it’s brown and bubbly).
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggie sticks and enjoy!
To me, this dip is the star of the game. It’s the MVP. Who wants to watch a football game when you can have your face in Buffalo Chicken Dip all night?? My dad also loves this dip, so for the past two years I’ve made it for his fantasy football draft. I’m told that it’s a hit with his buddies. I’m not sure why something football related has to happen for me to make this, but I’m really gonna have to start making it year round. So I hope you enjoy watching the Superbowl today, or if you’re like me, I hope you enjoy the food, commercials, and halftime show.