This is one of my very favorite recipes, mostly because it’s one of the only things I can make completely by myself with no help whatsoever. (It’s also my mom’s favorite because it means she doesn’t have to cook dinner). And it’s so easy! All of the ingredients are things that I almost always have around the house, and you can substitute in whatever you like! Instead of peas, you can use your favorite vegetable. Instead of tuna, you can use chicken or turkey. Instead of mozzarella, you can use cheddar. Instead of cream of mushroom, you can use cream of chicken. Literally so many possibilities! So here ya go:
What you’ll need:
- 16oz brown rice pasta (my very favorite pasta is the Tinkyada brand)
- 2 18oz cans of gluten free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 6oz cans of albacore tuna
- 8.5oz can of sweet peas (I usually prefer to use about a cup of frozen peas but I didn’t have any)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- about 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- about a tablespoon or so of breadcrumbs, for topping
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
- a few drops of gravy master
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Cook your pasta in a large pot according to the package. While it’s cooking, flake your tuna.
- After your pasta is done, heat the cream of mushroom soup in the same pot. Add a few drops of gravy master (until it’s a light brown color), and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.
- After the soup is hot and starts to bubble, add your tuna, peas, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, half of the parmesan, and then your cooked and drained pasta. Combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan and spread it so thats the top is flat and even. Top with the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan, as well as the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 mins, and then broil on high until it’s brown and bubbly and crispy on top.
This casserole is SO good! The first time I made it was actually at my aunt’s house when she showed me how to make it, and I just kept making it ever since. Like I said before, the best thing about this is that you can put whatever you have in your fridge in this. Anything will work!
I hope you try it and love it as much as I do 🙂